Goal setting involves the development of an action plan designed to motivate and guide you towards a goal. The action plan needs to be S.M.A.R.T
Goal setting is a major component of Personal Development. If you want success you need to set Goals, without Goals you lack focus and direction it also provides you a benchmark for determining whether you are actually succeeding.
Five Golden Rules
1) Set goals in writing as this makes the goals Tangible and make sure the wording is correct Like I WILL rather than I would like too
2) Make the Action Plan by writing the plan you will be able to cross off your goals as you achieve them
3) Set Smart Goals Specific Measurable Achievable Relevant Timely
4) Make sure they Motivate you this means make sure they are important to you and that there is value in it for you eg What’s in it for me
5) Make sure you complete it. Remember there is an end to the plan and at that end you will have reached the desired outcome if you keep yourself accountable during the action plan
Goal setting can help if you are feeling overwhelmed by how much is going on in your life or if you feel you are lacking direction or you have a big plan or a dream
Make sure you update your plan as it is a working document that you can change as you start to achieve those smaller goals that are attached to the bigger goals.
Also list any obstacles that you think you might face and then make a small plan on how you will overcome these obstacles. When writing this down it makes you aware and accountable so you can meet them head on.
We have attached a copy of how we here at BAMACTIVE set our goals
What will be your Goals for 2019 ??
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- The Absurdity of Women’s Clothing Sizes
- Alcohol Consumption How much is enough ?
- What Goals do you have set for 2019 ?
- 16 Reasons why you should exercise
- SUPPLEMENTS WHAT WHY HOW MUCH??
- Hydration is the key to successful Weight Management
- Maintain Motivation!
- I Ate Too Much - What Do I Do Now?
- Mind Over Matter
- Greetings From Madame Foodie!
- Exciting News BAM
- Bush walking and fresh air: Breathe in the goodness!